Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal
Community & Government Center
483 Great Neck Road South
Mashpee, MA 02649
508-477-0208 Fax: 774-521-3547
1. Applicants must be a member of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe or a member of another Federally Recognized Tribe residing in the service area of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, which includes the following five (5) Massachusetts counties: Barnstable, Bristol, Plymouth, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
2. Applicants must meet all income and eligibility requirements of HUD and the Mashpee Wampanoag Housing Department. The family income cannot exceed 80 percent of the median income for the County,
3. Financial assistance cannot be provided if a family is paying over 50% of the gross income for rent.
4. All household members must provide a social security card and Tribal ID (if applicable).
5. All household members 18 and over must provide current income documentation and sign a release of information form authorizing the Housing Department to speak and obtain information from any source necessary for the purpose of providing assistance.
6. Applicants returning for financial assistance will be required to meet with the Mashpee Housing Commission and participate in financial education.
7. The landlord is required to sign a W-9 before payment can be disbursed.
8. A copy of the lease must be provided to the Housing Department.
9. The maximum rental assistance available is up to $1,500; funds will only be provided for first and/or last month’s rent.