Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal
Community & Government Center
483 Great Neck Road South
Mashpee, MA 02649
508-477-0208 Fax: 774-521-3547
1. Applicants must be a member of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe or a member of another Federally Recognized Tribe residing in the service area of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, which includes the following five (5) Massachusetts counties: Barnstable, Bristol, Plymouth, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
2. Applicants must meet all income and eligibility requirements of HUD and the Mashpee Wampanoag Housing Department. The family income cannot exceed 80 percent of the median income for the County.
3. Financial assistance cannot be provided if a family is paying over 50% of the gross income for rent.
4. All household members must provide a social security card and Tribal ID (if applicable).
5. All household members 18 and over must provide current income documentation and sign a release of information form authorizing the Housing Department to speak and obtain information from any source necessary for the purpose of providing assistance.
6. If you have received service within the last 24 (twenty-four) months, you are not eligible for additional services.
7. A copy of the lease must be provided to the Housing Department.
8. The landlord is required to sign a W-9 before payment can be disbursed.
9. The Applicant must provide documentation of eviction, i.e. Eviction Notice/Notice to Quit and demonstrate the ability to pay rent forward prior to financial assistance approval.
10. Only the minimum amount necessary to prevent eviction will be provided. The maximum financial assistance available is $2,000. The applicant must provide the funds in excess of the $2,000 if needed to prevent eviction. Proof of payment is required before Housing funds are dispersed.
Please note: All documentation must be received within 30 days of the original intake; otherwise the application will be deemed incomplete and will be procedurally denied. If for any reason the applicant is denied financial assistance, the applicant may appeal the Department’s decision to the Board of Commissioners within ten (10) days from the date of denial.
Our Mission is to Encourage Self-determination and Economic Independence for All Tribal Members