Mashpee Wampanoag Tribal
Community & Government Center
483 Great Neck Road South
Mashpee, MA 02649
508-477-0208 Fax: 774-521-3547
1. Applicants must be a member of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe or a member of another Federally Recognized Tribe residing in the service area of the Mashpee Wampanoag Tribe, which includes the following five (5) Massachusetts counties: Barnstable, Bristol, Plymouth, Norfolk, and Suffolk.
2. Applicants must meet all income and eligibility requirements of HUD and the Mashpee Wampanoag Housing Department. The family income cannot exceed 80 percent of the median income for the County.
3. Financial assistance cannot be provided if a family is paying over 50% of the gross income for the mortgage.
4. All household members must provide a social security card and Tribal ID (if applicable).
5. All household members 18 and over must provide current income documentation and sign a release of information form authorizing the Housing Department to speak and obtain information from any source necessary for the purpose of providing assistance. If you have received service within the last 24 (twenty-four) months, you are not eligible for additional services.
6. If you have received service within the last 24 (twenty-four) months, you are not eligible for additional services.
7. Applicants must be able to demonstrate the ability to pay the mortgage forward prior to financial assistance approval.
8. The maximum funds for down payment and/or closing cost available is 2% of the approved mortgage up to a maximum of $5,000.00.
Please note: All documentation must be received within 60 days of the original intake; otherwise the application will be deemed incomplete and will be procedurally denied. If for any reason the applicant is denied financial assistance, the applicant may appeal the Department’s decision to the Board of Commissioners within ten (10) days from the date of denial.
Our Mission is to Encourage Self-determination and Economic Independence for All Tribal Members